Monday, June 04, 2007

Chapter Four:

"Laura was good for George, and soon they were married, "Begins the angel, Gabriel, "He ran for congress.."



..."And lost,"interjects Don Knotts.

"...They soon joined Laura's Methodist church.Had the twins and he worked hard on The Arbusto/Bush Exploration Company.But it was in 1984 just before he became director of The United bank of Midland that his life took a drastic turn...





...We start in between scenes:Mr.Potter is sitting down behind his desk,his aide,Karl at his side.George W. has a cigar in his hand and is telling Mr.Potter off,"Wait a minute.Wait a minute.I see what you're up to.You,you think you can run everybody don't ya Mr.Potter.You,you think you can offer me a position at your bank..and,and everything will be just fine.Well,let me tell ya,Mr.Potter..there,there are allot of good people out there counting on me.You're just a pitiful old man.Forget it,Mr.Potter.You can have your offer."

"George,"draws out Mr.Potter,"Your trouble is is that you think you have a choice....Karl...." Karl grabs George by the back of his shirt and slams George's head against Mr.Potter's desk top three of four times.Then,with George staggering,he opens a bottle of whiskey and pours it all over George,"See,George,you don't have a say in the matter.You just got drunk and choked on a pretzel and passed out and hit your head.Your good buddy,here,Karl,will take you home,now and tell Laura that he tried to stop you,but that you were out celebrating with me.Congratulations,George.Big things,George,big things.We're gonna go far together...very far."

The scene changes quickly again,George and Laura arguing in their kitchen.George has a raw steak on his forehead and Laura is trying to manage the rambunctious twins,"But...But I'm tellin'ya,Laura,that's,that's exactly what happened.Don't,don't cha believe me,Honey?"

"For the last time George,I am not mad at you.I'm happy.You don't have to make up stories for me.You did that right thing,"she gets up close to George and puts her hands on his chest,"What was the last think Mr.Potter said,'Big things/Going very far'.George,don't you see,this is exactly what we needed..."

"But,but,but,I'm tellin' ya,Honey.I'm,I'm telling ya the truth!"

"George,I know you're feeling a bit over whelmed right now.I have an idea.Why don't you go and take that brand new chain saw I got you for Christmas and take your anxieties out on the brush along the fence line.That'll make you feel better.Go on,now,I'll call you in for supper."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home